The Cracker style 1,600 sq ft. lodge has 3 bedrooms, each with sets of twin over full bunk beds. One bathroom. A full size kitchen accommodated with all cooking accessories, bar top and dining room. Central heating and air. Accommodates up to 6 people. Reclining sofa couches, Netflix, DVD player and Wii console in the family room. No smoking or pets allowed. We are family-friendly and encourage you to have your kids join in on your adventure with us. The lodge is stocked with games, coloring books, movies and kids axe throwing. We also have corn hole, ring game, adult axe throwing and horseshoes.
Make sure to bring your camera along. Upon request, in between hunts, your guide can bring you on a buggy ride or jeep safari tour. This adventure is included in your stay, so there is no extra charge, but tips are always appreciated for your guide.
Located in Cross City, Florida, we are a year round destination.
- 19 miles to the Gulf of Mexico and Steinhatchee, the scallop capital of the world
- 35 minutes to Horseshoe Beach, some of Florida’s remote and beautifully pristine coastlines
- 29 miles to Chiefland and 58 miles to Gainesville
Our high-fenced property has hundreds of acres of the “Old Florida feel” with hardwoods, cabbage hammocks, oak hammocks & some planted pine. A unique ecosystem called pumpkin swamp is on this property. It is one of the most unique ecosystems in Florida which is why there is as much wild game as there is here. The culture of the surrounding area is unique & deeply vested in hunting. One can see why the State of Florida has acquired many acres of land like Woods To Water Preserve in this area to protect and preserve for future generations. This is some of the last great places not yet owned by the state or national parks.
Lodging Pricing for Hunting Guests:
- The on-site lodge is rented out as your own private retreat. Once you make your reservation, you are the only guests inside the gates of the private preserve.
- The 3-bedroom/1 bath lodge is $200.00 per night, for up to four guests.
- Over four guests is an additional $50.00 per person, per night.
- The cleaning fee is included in the price for up to four guests. There is an additional $50.00 cleaning fee per stay, for over four guests.
“Amazing experience and the most friendly guide. Gorgeous animals!”Troy & Samantha W.Ft. Pierce, FL
“Lodging was awesome and there are plenty of great animals to harvest. I would highly recommend a hunt at Woods To Water Preserve!”Bill & Claudia B.Jupiter, FL
“One of the coolest things I’ve ever experienced! The cabin is perfect and very clean. If you’re considering visiting Woods To Water Preserve, don’t wait any longer! You will not regret it! Highly recommend!”Derek & Kathleen MSaint Petersburg, FL
“What an amazing experience the kids and I had this weekend! Our guide was extremely helpful and made sure to involve the kids in every part of the process in harvesting their first deer. Along with lots of stories about the preserve. I can’t say enough great things about Woods To Water Preserve!”Donna SJupiter, FL